Phoenix Family Law AttorneySchedule a Consultation
Guymon Law is here to help you and your family through a challenging time. Our attorneys recognize that in many family law cases, a win-win is not possible for everyone. Our goal is always to come up with innovative solutions that resolve conflicts as effectively and peacefully as possible. If you are struggling through a difficult time, we can help you get through it using tailored legal services. Contact our Phoenix family law attorneys to learn more during a case evaluation.
What Sets Our Family Law Attorneys Apart?
- We are passionate attorneys who care about our clients. Amber L. Guymon and her team take the time to sit with clients, connect with them and personalize their legal plans for optimal results.
- Our law firm was founded on principles such as respect, honesty and mindfulness. We don’t build unreasonable expectations. We zealously advocate for our clients while remaining realistic.
- Our team of Phoenix family law attorneys has more than 50 years of combined experience representing individuals and families. We have what it takes to handle even the most complicated family law cases.
When to Contact a Phoenix Family Law Attorney
Family law is a complex practice area that comes with unique rules and requirements in Arizona. Unless you have a legal background, it can be difficult to navigate these laws on your own. There is often a lot at stake in a family law case, such as child custody. With so much on the line, it is critical to trust your case with an experienced and qualified family law attorney in Phoenix. An attorney can take care of all of the complicated legal aspects of your case for you, such as filling out claims paperwork and acting as your mediator, while you focus on yourself and building a brighter future for your family.
What Are Our Practice Areas?
At Guymon Law, we practice primarily family law. We currently have 16 staff members with professional education, training and experience in this practice area. Amber received her degree from the Phoenix School of Law in 2009, after which she founded Guymon Law in 2010. She chose family law out of a true passion for helping people in need. Currently, our law firm accepts the following types of family law cases in Phoenix:
- High-asset divorce
- Legal separation
- Child custody
- Child support
- Spousal maintenance
- Termination of parental rights
- QDRO preparation
- Prenuptial agreements
We are always honest and upfront about whether or not we are the right fit for a case. If we believe that your case would be better off in different hands for any reason, we will refer you to one of our esteemed colleagues or peer law firms. Otherwise, we will offer to represent you during your family law matter so that you can optimize your chances of achieving the desired outcome. We are extremely knowledgeable, innovative and compassionate family law attorneys.
Do You Need to Hire an Attorney for a Divorce or Legal Separation Case?
If you are considering getting divorced or legally separated from your spouse, working with an attorney can transform your legal experience. You can trust your attorney to take care of the complicated elements and legwork of your case while you focus on your family and building the type of future that you want. Hiring a lawyer will also improve your chances of achieving the best possible outcome in terms of property division, child custody, spousal maintenance and child support. It can be especially important to hire a divorce lawyer if your case involves challenges such as high-value assets, a jointly owned business or children.
What to Look for in Your Family Law Attorney
If you are dealing with any type of family law matter, one of the first steps that you should take is searching for the right attorney to represent you. Not all family law attorneys in Phoenix are equal in terms of legal capabilities. It is important to choose the lawyer that will best represent you and your side of the case based on factors such as:
- Experience in your practice area
- Successful past case results
- Positive client testimonials and law firm reviews
- Caring and compassionate family law attorneys
- Honesty, transparency and communication
- A willingness to work within your budget
- Recognition, awards and accolades in the industry
Schedule case consultations with a few different lawyers in your area. During your consultation, ask questions about the attorney’s professional history, track record, principles and litigation style. Make sure that your personality meshes with your attorney, as this is the person who will represent your interests during an important Phoenix family law matter.
How to Reduce the Costs of an Attorney in Arizona
At Guymon Law, we recognize the financial strain that our clients are often under when they come to us for legal assistance. We are always honest and upfront about the fees that we charge for our services. We also offer advice on how to keep your costs down. Your goal should be to help your attorney help you. You may be able to reduce the costs of a family law attorney by:
- Being honest with your lawyer. Within the attorney-client relationship, anything you say to your lawyer is privileged information. It’s important to trust your attorney and tell them everything, as this can avoid costly surprises in the future.
- Building a relationship with the paralegal. The paralegal assigned to your case is the link between you and your attorney. Building a relationship with the paralegal can help you communicate more effectively with your attorney.
- Gathering as much information as you can. Being organized and producing as many documents for your attorney as possible can reduce the amount of work that your attorney has to do on your case – by extension, reducing the price.
Keep in mind that ultra-low attorney’s fees might not be the best way to protect your rights during an important family law case or trial. With legal services, what you pay is what you get. Don’t look for the cheapest price – look for an attorney who is straightforward and sincere with their pricing, and who will work with you to reduce the costs of services when possible.
Contact Our Qualified and Experienced Phoenix Family Lawyers Today
Guymon Law provides strong legal advocacy in many different types of family law matters throughout Arizona. Come to us for assistance protecting your rights and your family during a difficult time in your life. We will work hard to save you the cost and headache of a trial with a settlement-minded approach. However, we are willing to fight zealously on your behalf in court when necessary.
Find out how we can help you today. Contact us by calling (480) 680-8823 to request a legal consultation in Phoenix, Arizona.